No reservations are required for tent camp sites in the open field, but to ensure a space, we recommend arriving as early as possible on Friday to get an awesome location.
Rules & Info
• Camping at Vermilionville will take place on the baseball fields, which means more space and generally better ground conditions than past years.
• Cars will not be allowed in the camping area – you will need to park along the perimeter of the fields to unload your gear.
• Access to the camping area will be available starting at 3pm on FRIDAY. Final cleanup of your campsite should be complete by noon on SUNDAY, after the festival.
• You may eat and drink within your campsite, but please respect the BlackPot Festival and Vermilionville and do not bring food, beer or ice chests into the Village.
• No Dogs at the festival
•Absolutely no camping at Vermilionville Thursday night. Come up to Lakeview Park for the kick-off party instead.
For RV campers…
Unfortunately we are unable to offer RV camping sites this year. We are however working on some alternative options for RV parking with a shuttle to the festival. Check back here or sign up for our email list to stay updated. There are a few RV capable campgrounds around the city. Here is a list of the closest:
Acadiana Park Campground (Lafayette Parks and Rec just 3.5 miles from Vermilionville)
For more information call 337-291-8388
KOA campground in Scott.
Bayou Wilderness campground in Carencro.
Catfish Heaven in St Martinville.
They are all about 8-10 miles from the festival.
Important Information About Camp Fires
1. Campfires ARE allowed in the campground but ONLY in an elevated fire-pit accompanied by a 5 gallon bucket of water.
2. Propane stoves must be accompanied by an ABC fire extinguisher.
Most of the information can be found on this website, but please feel free to email us with any questions at: